Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alice's first protest

To support our friends and fight the injustice that is plaguing our nation in the form of discrimination against gays and lesbians, Alice, SDN and I participated in a peaceful march from capital hill to downtown. We were joined by 3,000 other people, including lots of other babies and dogs. Alice especially liked the dogs. I took some wonderful pictures, but I think that SDN would not appreciate me posting his picture without his ninja gear on. OK, I just photoshopped a picture. I'm so clever. You probably won't even be able to tell that I photoshoped it - it will just look like SDN is wearing his ninja gear. I am that good. Here they are at the rally.
Isn't she cute. She screaming, "Stop the H8!"

Then she sat down and ate some pretty fall leaves.
Such an exciting day!

Good news (at least its good, if you are either my husband or myself or you care about us somewhat): Alice is sleeping...kinda. She now sleeps for 2 or 3 or (if she is really on a roll) 4 hours at a time! Life is grand. Colors are returning. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I looked like I hadn't slept in about 6 months (which is mostly true) - but the fact that I can recognize this rather than blindly go thorough my day is so exciting.

No comments: