Saturday, February 14, 2009

A letter to the love of my life on Valentines Day




I know that over the past 8 months I've spent most of my time and energy focused on Alice. I know that I haven't always told you how wonderful I think you are, or how much I appreciate the love and devotion you have for our family. And I know that Valentines Day is a day designed to boost the restaurant and greeting card industries, but that is OK with me, because it is also a day to remind me to tell those people that mean so much to me just how much I love them.

My life could not work without you. I know you work so hard so that you can spend time with us, and I love that about you. I love that you drop everything to make Alice laugh, that you sing and dance in public. I love that your nose is crooked and that you add peanut butter and BBQ sauce to almost everything. I love that you play with me and are willing to talk whenever I need it. That you listen to me without judgment and that you are always up for trying something new.

There are too many things that I love about you to list, and I'm sorry for the cheesy note and that I don't tell you enough. You are an amazing person, and I feel lucky to be a part of your life.

No comments: