Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Crud


Alice is sick. It started yesterday when she was acting a bit sluggish. I noticed that she felt hot but her temperature was never hotter than 98 degrees. By the evening the only thing she wanted to do was be held and walked back and forth.

Today was worse. Her temperature got as high as 102 degrees and my day consisted of walking her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth while she whimpered against my chest. Sometimes she dozed and I was able to sit and give my back a much needed rest, but it never lasted long.

Logically I know that this is all perfectly normal. That babies get sick and fevers are part of the healing process, but it hurts my heart to see her so miserable. It scares me to death to think that something could happen to her.

No comments: