Saturday, February 13, 2010

Germans know how to have a good time

I say this because as I write this, 40 voices are drunkenly raised on off tone song accompanied by clapping hands and stomping feet. I am not actually partaking in these festivities - I save that privilege for those who are young enough to stay awake past 10pm and who are not responsible for a sleeping toddler in the next room.

I don't need to go anywhere. I can hear every shouted chord through the floorboards of my flat.

Just in case you were wondering, living above a bar is not as much fun as it sounds. At least the music is decent. It would REALLY suck to live above a country western bar or heavy metal club. Not that I don't enjoy me a little country twang or death head now and again, but it just doesn't have the same beat as this little ditty currently be blasted through my floor.

Its not so bad, really. The loud music only seams to happen on Friday and Saturday nights which means that 5/7th of the time, its relatively peaceful here in our little corner of Magdeburg. Plus, I can officially cross "live above a bar" off of my "things to do before I die" list - which I will eventually write...when I get around to it...

Maybe instead of a "things to DO" list, I'll write a "things I've DONE" list. Probably more interesting and will create a greater sense of accomplishment.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

So glad to hear that you guys are doing well -- we miss you in Seattle.