Thursday, January 15, 2009

the blues

Do you ever get the feeling that the world is not such a good place? I mean, aside from all the murder, corruption, and general violence, do you ever feel like everyone is just slightly off from the way you think and even though people love you and are trying to be helpful you just can't understand why they say or do the things they do which makes you feel like there might be something wrong with you? Probably not. I'm probably the only one.

I'm just feeling down today. The thought of having to work again, at some point, in the future, is depressing. The thought of being away from Alice for any length of time is depressing. Oh god, am I going to be one of those mothers who constantly hovers over their child and never lets her experience anything because I'm being too over-protective? I hope not....but right now, in this moment, I don't want to let her out of my sight. I'll probably feel completely different tomorrow. Maybe this is post-pregnancy hormones kicking in - swinging my mood back and forth.

On the upside, my lame, generic, new year's resolution to lose this baby weight is going well. I've lost 7 pounds since Jan 2nd. I'm still not ready for the swimsuit shopping which is to commence this afternoon, but at least I'm in a better place than I was a couple of weeks ago.

What a rambling, bummer of a post. Here are some cute pictures to make up for it.

OK, so this isn't the happiest baby picture ever, but doesn't this face just break your heart and make you want to reach out and hold her (which, coincidentally, is exactly what I did, completely soaking myself in the process). She was not a fan of her first swim lesson.

Here is my precious little one just about to go to sleep.

No comments: