Tuesday, January 27, 2009

making it work

SDN and I have decided that in order to spend the most time with Alice and with each other we are going to try to make ends meet by finding freelance work. The downside is that not knowing when and where your next paycheck is going to come from is extremely stressful - especially when everyday it seams like the more and more disaster is striking the economy. SDN has struggled to find enough work to pay the bills, so I decided that I would get more serious about tutoring.

That was last week.

This week, instead of my one client that I met with three times a week, I now have 5. I am amazed at how easily this fell into my lap - maybe the universe is trying to tell me that this is the way to go. My most recent client litterily walked up to me in the middle of one of my tutoring sessions and asked me to work with his daughter. Things are working out really great! I'm never gone more than 4 hours at a time so I still get to spend plenty of time with SDN and Alice, yet I'm making almost as much as I was teaching full time.

Alice is sleeping so well during the day (two two hour naps) and she is always so full of smiles. It has taken me 8 months to figure out how to live with this amazing new person in my life, but I'm finally beginning to feel like everything is going to work.

Of course, if I've learned anything it is that everything changes, so I should say "right now, I feel like everything is going to work."
Cutest baby ever (sorry the picture isn't better - she has hit the mobile phase of life and it is almost impossible to get a picture of her that is not blurry).

No comments: